CFD & PROPULSION LABORATORY
We focus our research on the development of high-performance computational fluid dynamics (CFD) algorithms for modeling and simulation of aerospace propulsion systems on next-generation computer architectures. With new opportunities in high performance computing (HPC), we explore novel programming models and high-order CFD algorithms to advance HPC CFD for flows encountered in next-generation aerospace propulsion systems, and improve the design, analysis, and optimization.
Analysis of turbofan with perturbed inflow
Pre-chamber modeling in natural gas engine
Spray modeling in diesel engine
Mach 2 planar shock-driven combustion of a hydrogen bubble with 9-species, 19-reactions on mapped AMR grids (above 4 videos)
Low-speed Syngas combustion in a planar burner with two air jets embedded in the wall (above 2 videos)
Mach 10 Woodward-Colella Mach reflection ramp at 30º
Reacting H2-O2 Richtmyer-Meshkov instability
- Congratulations to Joshua Christopher on successfully passing his Ph.D. defense on September 7, 2021.
- Congratulations to Yijun Wang on successfully passing his Ph.D. preliminary examination in April 2021.
- Dr. Gao gave a talk on “Space-Time Multigrid for the Maximum Likelihood Ensemble Filter Method” at the 8th International Symposium on Data Assimilation online session on January 8, 2021.
- Congratulations to Sean Walters on successfully passing his Ph.D. preliminary examination in December 2020.
- Congratulations to Joshua Christopher on successfully passing his Ph.D. preliminary examination in November 2020.